NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA , SITAMARHI
· Good quality education for talented children pre dominantly from rural areas .
· Candidates - Rural at least 75% , Urban utmost 25%
· Reservation of seats for girls - 33%
· Reservation of seats for Students from SC/ST categories in proportion to their population subject to the national minimum .
· Co educational and fully residential From class VI to class XII.
· Location - Rural areas . On the basis of offer of cost free land and rent free temporary building by state/UT governments.
· Free education including boarding and lodging as well as expenses on uniforms , text book stationery etc. But Rs. 200/- per month will be taken as general fee from the students of class IX to XII except SC,ST ,Girls , Physically Handicaped and all the students whose guardians are below the poverty line .
· Affiliated to CBSE.
· Admission in class VI through objective type test designed by CBSE and conducted by concerned district .
· Implementation of three language formula.
· Regional languages as medium of instruction for first three years .Hindi / English afterwards .
· 30% of students in class IX from a vidyalaya located in one linguistic area spend one academic session in a vidyalaya in a different linguistic area to promote national integration through understanding of the diversity and plurality of country's cultures and people .